Thursday, August 7, 2008

Because its true...


I loved the evolution of this piece up to the final product above. I painted it for a show at the Light Gallery in Newport, CA on a found album, 'the Best of Michael Jackson' and started out with the intention of painting a whole portrait...trying to avoid the traditional stereotypes. The more research I did, the more I felt sympathy for the guy, tweaked since childhood into this powerhouse entertainer. So I eventually settled back on the first concept i had--funny how that works ;) Painted out the track listings, aged the jacket a bit, then painted the nose...the type and boarder are original elements. Eh-he-hee!

;)

1 comment:

GDM Worldwide said...

This is by no means tasteful or flattering...but its damned good.


I am F.A.M.E.

www.myspace.com/jerseyfame