Friday, August 1, 2008

Eggs & Sausage!





Yet another badass group show from Phone Booth Gallery, "Eggs & Sausage & A Side Of Toast", an art show dedicated to Tom Waits! Possibly the best subject matter to ever draw inspiration from, I was so stoked to be a part of it I was practically wetting my myself!

These are a couple sketches born from feverish excitement, however, I got so wrapped up with ideas and the notion of a final product, by crunch time, work and other priorities were beating me senseless. But, as luck would have it, I happened to have a Tom Waits portrait already to go if a situation like this should ever come along :) ...a few coats of varnish and I sent that baby off to the front lines. Even funnier, it sold close to the last day of the show, haha, guess things do happen for a reason~R

All paintings, images, titles, characters and logos are owned and © by Ryan Milner

No comments: