Monday, March 14, 2011

"OH, YOU ARE SICK..."



Phone Booth Gallery's latest group show, "Oh, You Are Sick..." dedicated to eclectic filmmaker David Lynch has officially kicked off and the reception has been nothing short of spectacular!

On exhibition was a most impressive collection of work featuring a wide range of incredibly talented artists! As usual the gallery was packed to the gills; but this time, the people who stopped by had the opportunity to see the remaining designs (well before their release) in the ongoing David Lynch art print series (not to mention scoop one up)!

In addition to my latest art print on display, I also had some time to produce a painting that was part of the main exhibition. This piece titled, "Stay Alive Baby (Do it for Van Gogh)", was done in acrylic on a wood panel and pays a somewhat literal homage to one of my fav. lines in Lynch's "Blue Velvet".

Painting this was a challenge, but it helped me let off some steam after working out the art print design. It was a blast attempting to put my own twist on a classic master work (lol, sorry V.G.)...but if the great reception to the Blue Velvet print and awesome opening night wasn't enough, I was super stoked to learn that my painting sold the very next day!

Saturday night was def.  packed with all the essentials: great friends, great art and ice cold PBR :) Congrats to all my mega talented friends and fellow artists who had their work showcased, you guys rock and are a continuing inspiration! Big thanks to Phone Booth Gallery for hosting yet another kick ass event and for inviting me to be a part of their awesome new print series and stellar exhibition!

Here's to more great times!!!

R

Be sure to see the show in its entirety at www.phoneboothgallery.com

No comments: